A few days ago, I saw this tweet from @gcouros while reviewing the daily action from my PLN.
This certainly caught my attention, so I read the blog post and decided to participate.
Lets be straight up to begin. Administrators are busy people with many responsibilities to juggle. They can’ t ‘know everything’ – and they don’t need to. I do believe there a some critical elements that are attached to their role in terms school success and staff development that will make a key difference.
School Administrator To Do List
- walk the walk & talk the talk
- understand digital literacy and digital citizenship
- be familiar with, and understand the power of web 2.0 and social media tools
- establish a PLN (self directed, job embedded learning) and share the learnings with staff
- promote technology use as an embedded & key part of the learning process
- understand appropriate technology use, highlight/showcase it as a part of good teaching practice
- include technology use in the learning process as part of the teacher feedback and evaluation process
- require that staff learn about best technology integration strategies as part of ongoing PD/learning plans
- ensure that technology uses are well connected to Province/State and Board/District level priorities
- understand the role of technology in establishing and/or improving school and classroom community
- build a culture, not a ‘one of’ island
- embrace change
- be vocal: share, promote and connect with other administrators
- STAY THE COURSE!
2 thoughts on “Leadership Day 2010”