One thing really struck me about this ECOO 2011 — energy. There is a genuine energy in Ontario teachers for change in teaching practice. There is a synergy building in the province, and it was certainly great to be part of the learning.
A few personal highlights:
- @snbeach & @willrich45 – great keynotes – motivating: be a change agent
- Trending @dougpete – super group effort
- Finally got to meet @shannoninottawa F2F – must continue the building school admin capacity discussion
- Insightful talk by @gcouros
- Presented my first pecha kucha – wonderful experience
- Interesting discussions at the OSAPAC booth
- The OCT: use Social Media tools but don’t put yourself at risk, maintain professional boundaries
- Connected with new educators, new learning opportunities
- Noon hour discussion topics – removing barriers, great thinking
- Chatting with WRDSB Futures Forum Project teachers — next steps, thinking BIG
- Pleased to have a good turn out for my Facebook in the Classroom session
- Explored new staff development resources at the PLP booth.
ECOO 2011 was a great conference and wonderful learning opportunity. Thank you to the planners and organizers — take a bow!!! This conference was certainly an opportunity to be WRDSB Proud. WRDSB had a strong contingent attending the conference to learn and share. WRDSB presenters were well received on the wide variety of topics presented – go team!
ECOO 2011 Twitter feed
Twitter bio update challenge #changegame