Sometimes you have to take a step back and really appreciate what is happening with the web 2.0 interactive tools. Every day people publish new information, articles, personal thoughts and observations and these are all at your fingertips to find. Wow! It was really not all that long ago that this was not possible. Talk about a great opportunity for life long learning.
Today I am sharing a few of the interesting sites I found this week through web searches, Facebook, Twitter and cruising the blogosphere. Enjoy!
1. Looking to host your own wiki setup on your own server?
One option available is at MediaWiki
2. A collection of SMART Board Resources: Quakertown
3. A collection of resources relevant to educational technology
integration: Web 2.0 Guru
4. Online OCR: Free, no registration, no email addresses recorded,
just upload your PDF, JPG, GIF, TIFF or BMP image files and convert! Free OCR
5. Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the day
– resources to support teaching ESL, EFL and ELL. Larry Ferlazzo
6. CBC News Release: CRTC to release new rules for IPS’s re internet bandwidth throttling: see article
On the watch: Skype is releasing a client for iPhone & iPod touch. It appears to be available on the US iTunes store, but not available in Canada yet, at least as of yesterday.