I had an awesome conversation with WRDSB Principal Mark McMath after school today. Over the fall, he has been experimenting with some ideas for bringing staff meetings to life by making them more interactive and focused on discussion rather than information distribution. Check out these great ideas!
- collaborate on generating agendas by leveraging Google Docs
- gather good news itmes through a shared Google Doc – check out this Sample Good News doc
- share links to video resources in a shared document
- use Today’s Meet to generate a back channel discussion
- summarize group discussion in an online (Google) doc
- gather feedback via Google Forms
- create a staff video message using a tool such as ScreenCast-o-matic
Mark has enjoyed learning through his Professional Learning Network (PLN) on Twitter too. He has found that Twitter connections provide a wealth of knowledge for personal use and sharing with staff. He notes the importance of gaining comfort in jumping in and out of the information flow as it can be overwhelming.
Follow Mark McMath on Twitter
Follow Cedarbrae PS on Twitter
Follow the #edwrdsb Twitter hashtag